May 26, 2008

Our Family Getaway

I can't think of anything more relaxing than being in the mountains with my family. We had a great time this weekend camping. It was a bit chilly, and a little rainy, but it was worth it. We did a lot of sitting around, 4 wheeling, and eating. Our kids got really dirty and by the end we were ready to throw them in a tub. And I was ready for a nice shower also. As you can see from the pictures the scenery was quite pretty.We went on a ride to the top of a mountain. I wish I brought my camera to take a picture of the view. It was amazing!

The kids loved being pulled behind the 4 wheelers.


As Lilly would put it, " Me and my Boys."Marley and Tandi on the 4 wheeler Tandi going for a walk through the woods.
Leslie and my mom trying to stay warm.

Lou Lou, Nate, and my Dad.
Megan all cuddly and warm.
Piper and Tandi looking cute as always.
Our little fam in the woods.
Parker and Lilly painting.

12 comments:

IRISH BERNT'S said...

LOOKS LIKE FUN! HOPE U HAD A GREAT TIME!

Burrups said...

I love the pictures! I am glad you had a great time with not so great weather.

Lane family said...

Nothin like filthy happy kids! See you SOON!

Jaylynn said...

yeah, i'm so glad you found our blog, now we can keep in touch better!! We would love you to come visit us, just let us know when and we'll plan something fun! This looks like a fun trip! We're jealous, it poured here! ~Jaylynn

aironn said...

How fun! The wagon behind the 4-wheeler is a GREAT idea!

Brad and Tifani said...

That looks like so much fun, I'm jealous! What a fun idea to bring paint for the kids! I'm so pumped for Redfish--can't wait!

Jared and Lisa said...

How fun is that!! Im so excited to go camping, and this post made me all the more excited!

Jared and Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HARKER FAMILY said...

looks like you guys had fun. I am also excited for red fish i hope we can go this year. we also need to find a weekend to do the cabin.

Lacei Child said...

So CUTE!!! You need to tell me how to set up my posts so they are like yours and not all separate. Say hi to Leslie & your mom! ~lace

Harris said...

Looks like fun!!! That is so great to have all of the family together. That doesn't happen very often!! Cute kids!!

2nd Time Around said...

How fun!! I tried to call you on Monday but couldn't get you. I need your cell #. I figured you knew golfing was cancled since it was raining so hard. Looks like you had a blast on your trip. Maybe we should get some friends together and go camping!